Sourdough Book Launch Giveaway [May 2016]

This is the comment thread for the Breadtopia blog post originally published here:

To leave a comment, click the Reply button below

If you do not see the "Reply" button, you will need to log in or register an account. Please click the blue "Log In" button in the upper right of the page. :arrow_upper_right:
2 Likes

How can something so sour be so sweet…I put it in virtually everything I bake!

Always looking for some new ideas for sourdough.

I first made a sourdough starter back in the '70’s. What wonderful memories the sweet / tart taste of sourdough brings back. Now that I’m retired, I want to recreate those taste treats and treat my microbiome to the healthy metabolism of naturally occurring yeasts. If you’ve never tried it, you don’t know what you’re missing. If you don’t win the book, buy it!

I like free stuff.

Have been looking for some motivation to starting sourdough. This could be the ultimate prod to get me on the that road.

By the way I really liked your video on bagels… And I still have not attempted them. :wink:

I have a problem, no oven I have thourghly enjoyed your videos so I have had to make the dough in a bread machine work to a cloche to counter top oven and keep my fingers crossed that I get it to to 350 degrees… I wish some one could figure out a micro wave oven with a cloche.al handley

I really love the sour dough bread but what I make is not as good as the San Fransisco sour dough bread…then again I live in Georgia. Reuben.

Sourdough bread is my favorite thing to bake!

I have learned so much from breadtopia! I have not attempted to make sourdough starter or bread. I would love the opportunity to try! Thanks so much

I love pre-ferments but sourdough is my favorite.

My wife recently attended a not too helpful class on sourdough and we’re in desperate need of some supplemental information so we can find our way.

I have been making sourdough for a few years. It’s the only bread I eat now. Worth the effort!

Sourdough is zee best

Awesome, I love having new ideas and information

Great Looking Book !

Sourdough bread, sourdough pretzels, sourdough muffins I love sourdough.

Been sourdough for 5 years…it is a constant companion. Love to learn about new aspects of this ancient practice.

Thanks to your sourdough spelt recipe I am now a full fledged sourdough artisan!

Nice looking book, can’t wait to read it!