Onion loaf

Made this for a friend, works really well. Roasted onions added when mixing the dough, with any oniony juices too. It is a lovely combination. Might try adding some cheese next time. Lunch all in one!

3 Likes

Nice looking loaf, lucky friend.

Beautiful loaf and I LOVE onion breads. I’m still learning, and am finally getting pretty consistent loaves. I would love to try your recipe, if you’ll share it. Perhaps it’s on the website and I just haven’t found it. I’m thinking I’ll add some great olives with the onions and save the cheese for its sandwiches.

Thanks!
Debbie

Thank you Debbie, it does work well. I just use my standard sourdough recipe with a preferment of 150g starter mixed with 150g flour and 150ml of liquid (could use onion juices here). Leave all day or overnight. Then add 500g bread flour, 10g salt and 300ml liquid. Add in your cooked onions here, form dough and leave to rest. Stretch and folds over several hours, then leave for bulk fermentation until doubled in size. Deflate, shape and continue as normal. I bake in a Dutch oven at 250degrees C for 30 minutes with lid on, then lid off and lower temperature to 220 for another 10 to 15 minutes.

1 Like