Help with Whole Spelt Sour Dough Sticking to Basket

Hello all,
I am quite the novice by many standards but I have been making Whole Spelt Sourdough for the last several years. I mostly in the winter and every couple of weeks. This summer I finally decided to purchase a spiral oblong proofing basket.
However, I am constantly plagued with my dough actually releasing from the basket. So I am not sure what needs to happen on my side to resolve this issue.
I know that my dough is incredibly sticky and does not hold shape like Is seen in the Eric’s recipe and videos http://breadtopia.com/spelt-bread-recipe .
For example, just this morning, I coated the basket with Spelt Flour… then went back over it with some Gluten Free Rice flour (I make spelt sourdough because I have a gluten allergy much like people have hay-fever).
When I went to turn i over into the clay baker, it literally looked like I was pouring it into the backer.

As I said earlier, i am not hat versed in the baking world but I am not sure if my sourdough starter is too runny or if the overall hydration is too high…

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great Saturday,

Andy

My favorite coating for bannetons is a combination of coarsely ground rice flour and bran. It very seldom sticks but has on occasion. Another thing you might try is putting it in the fridge when it is slightly underproofed and letting it cool a bit which makes the surface of the dough less sticky. Are you putting the basket in a bag or just covering it? If you just cover it the surface in contact with the basket will dry some and let the dough release easier.
Hope this helps and good luck.
Stu