Aloo ka Paratha

Originally published at: http://breadtopia.com/aloo-ka-paratha/
Making Aloo ka Paratha — Indian Potato Stuffed Flatbread by Denyce Rusch We have had a fascination with Indian food (as well as plenty of other kinds of food) for years. Its complex use of spices and herbs create taste experiences like no other cuisine, and can make healthy recipes a feast for the senses.…

This looks great! I watched the video and will try this soon. I live near the only retail store of Deep Foods, so I’m super lucky to have access to these ingredients, among other awesome foods, like mango lasse and amazing snacks.

I do have one question: In the video, you assemble and roll out one paratha, cook it, then assemble and roll another…etc. i wonder if I could I assemble/roll all the parathas (not stacking them and maybe covering them) and then cook them all one after another? I ask because I have a big hungry family :slight_smile: and need to be as fast as possible…if it doesn’t wreck the output, of course.

I have never done it that way, but you certainly can try. What you have to avoid is having the moisture from the potatoes seeping into the dough if they sit too long. I would try doing it in 2-3 batches so that it may not have time to get soggy in the middle. But do not worry too much. With all the good ingredients, as long as it gets cooked it will be delicious!

Thanks for replying. 2-3 batches is a good idea. That way I can also probably keep better control over the heat of the pan, too.

Hi… Aloo ka paratha is very tasty dish and perfect breakfast. I like aloo methi tofu paratha is the healthy brunch idea and a healthy breakfast. If you want to know how to make paratha, look at the Nutralite for recipe.